Amidst all that is ongoing with the world, there are many factors of stress that can hamper and harm your immune system. So, there is more of an urgency to building your immune system now more than ever.
Where to Start
First off, in order to effectively build your immune system, it is best to start on good ground so to speak. Now, what do I mean by good ground? Well, elimination of all the unhealthy and unnecessary junk foods. Get rid of those unnecessary caloric intakes that are not beneficial to the overall health of your body. Occasional indulgences are fine, but a daily intake of junk foods and sweets is harmful to the body being able to defend itself.
A great way to help kickstart your journey to building your immune system is to do a thorough cleanse. Click here for our article on cleansing your system and here for more information on ways in which your can target cleanse your system (our favorite is using cilantro).
You can further propel your journey to a great, healthy immune system by eliminating meat and meat by products as much as possible. Other animal products must be consumed infrequently if at all. Products such as eggs are okay, but limit consumption to farm fresh eggs if you must.
What to Do Next
Next, plan of action is to start a list of all the plant based foods you enjoy or would like to try. The list doesn’t have to be long or extravagant, but it should include a variety of plants (fruits and veggies) under the rainbow – so select vibrant and deep, rich colors.
After, you have created your list be sure to take the next step in purchasing as many items on your list as possible from your local farmer market. You may even want to consider growing as many of those fruits and veggies on your list as possible. If you don’t have the space, then consider vertical gardening and make use of your balcony or patio space, even your windowsill….
Eating Your Way to Better Immunity
The following fruits are highly beneficial to your overall health and should be a part of your daily or at least weekly rotation of immune building foods.
- Citruses – of course, this citruses are at the top of the list as Vitamin C in its natural form is the best immune booster that your body can get.
- Tangelos, and the list goes on….
- Baobab (pronounced bay-o-bab or baa-oh-bab depending on where you are in the world) – this is a mega superfood that is awesome for ramping up your body’s intake of Vitamin C. This fruit is an exotic fruit commonly found in Africa, but can be found in its powdered form and is absolutely delicious. It does have a bit of a tang to it, so add a tablespoon at a time and adjust according to your liking. For more information on the benefits of Baobab, please click here.
- Pineapple – this is a fantastic fruit when it comes to staving off infections and providing a great boost to the body’s immune system.
- Soursop – this is a healing fruit that will provide plenty of nutrients to your body and aid in keeping your body healthy and free of radicals, as well as, other cancer causing agents, such as parasites, infections and inflammation, to list a few. Soursop is also a good source of Vitamin C.
- Mango – this fruit is a great source of Vitamin A, C, & E and is fantastic for getting toxins moving through the digestive system due to its high content in fiber.
- Berries like Elderberry, blueberries, blackberries are just a few important berry fruits to include in your daily meals.
- Grapes – these are chuck full of antioxidants that are helpful to overall body health.
Here are the veggies and herbs you should be eating to help build, as well as, protect your immune system.
- Bell Peppers
These are just a few of the veggies and herbs you can use in your daily meal preps to help in building your immune system.
There are many other fruits, veggies, and herbs you can try in addition to the ones listed. If you have any fruits or veggies not already listed that you have found to be very helpful in maintaining good health, then do share in comments section below. And if this is your first time visiting our site, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter, it’s free. Stay Safe. Stay Healthy. For Covid-19 Tips, check out this article out.